Friday, June 24, 2011

The Lazy Days of Summer ...

... yeah, right!

I think we've been busier in our household now than during the school year!
I will admit it's at least more fun things for the kids but it's certainly 
more of a juggling challenge for me.
Anyone feel that way, too!?

In an effort to maintain my summer sanity, I am trying to find ways for art to
fit in to our busy days too.

With that goal in mind, the ping-pong table in our basement was temporarily (or at least Greg sincerely hopes it's temporary!) converted into an art table for "She Art" Girl canvas art.
 (see http://www.christytomlinson.typepad.com/ and her She Art Workshop)



My daughters and I have seen 8 girls take shape over the past 3 weeks. They each made one for their room:

Here is Mackenzie's -


 
and here is Paige's -


 
I have been working on a girl for my oldest son's lovely girlfriend (Hi Allie!) and 5 girls to donate for a charity auction benefit for the Idaho Health Care Association. Special thanks to Christy Tomlinson for her permission for us all to use her workshop design to create for the auction and special thanks to Jana Darrington for this fabulous idea and opportunity to share our art with others!

Here are my 6 from their simple paper covered canvas beginnings ...


transforming, layer ...


by layer ...


by layer ...


by layer ...


by layer ... to these finished beauties.




How fun it's been creating these!! Each girl is a little piece of me and touches me in different ways as she "becomes" art. It is sort of bittersweet to send them off to the auction but I'm hoping they will each find the girl who fits them perfectly.

So ... lazy summer days?

Maybe not as many as I'd like yet.
But, here's to summer art days at least - tucked in wherever I find a place for them.

Thanks for looking.
Hoping you get to enjoy a few lazy days of summer yourself,
Jill


2 comments:

:Jayne said...

WOW! Your girls are amazing! They are quite creative like their mama. I'm glad you are enjoying your lazy summer creating such BEAUTIFUL art!
Miss you! <3

Jana said...

Jill, what fun it is to see your life unfold on these pages. You are a WONDER! How lucky one would be to have you as a dear, dear friend just to let some of your creative goodness surround them. You are a beautiful person inside and out because you love to share yourself and your special talents with those around you. Nothing shows more love than a handmade gift from the heart and you have lots of love to share. Best wishes to you and your lucky daughters who seem to have alot of their wonderful mother in them. Joyful creating!!!!