Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Giving up for awhile!!!! UGH!

I've spent the past hour trying to upload photos to the blog as an update on the art that's been happening around here. It's been fun, I assure you (the art, NOT the past hour!), but there will be no photographic evidence displayed here until my temper cools and my photos are able to load.

The problem??? Likely, many.

1. I am a technological pre-schooler (OK, probably even that is tooting my own horn since there are plenty of pre-schoolers less intimidated than I on the computer) so if systems change on me unexpectedly I am paralyzed. I can be heard more than once a week declaring how much I detest computers and my lack of skill.

2. I am not a photographer. I do not own or know how to use photoshop and have BARE minimum photo editing skills (i.e. I can crop and do red-eye redux and change pics to black/white but I don't know how to resize my photos to download - which is probably pretty important here, I know).

3. I do not have unlimited hours to spend in front of the computer "training" myself in all these necessary modern skills to make my blog easier to maintain let alone the upgrades I've dreamed of having on it.

4. I am convinced our computer is extremely tempermental. It has a mind of its own - works when it wants to, or not, at whatever speed it feels is appropriate, even though we supposedly have the highest available.

So ... for now ... I'm calling it quits with the blog and admitting defeat. I've wasted enough of my precious little creative time on it. If you'd like to get in touch with me to find out what I've been up to, please feel free to email me at gajgreen@aol.com.

I'll be in my studio now trying to do a little creative/anger management therapy.

Jill

2 comments:

Mikal said...

You make me smile!

Blogger was being a bit of a pill for me tonight, so maybe it's not just you! :)

Miss seeing your sweet face, I hope you're doing well!

{connie} said...

i am so not computer savvy either. i don't know how to use photoshop as well. i just point and shoot with my camera and hope it captures what i want/need it too, lol.

i love reading your blog, as you tell it like it is. please don't stay away too long. love and miss you tons my dear friend.

sending you a big {hugs}.