Sunday, May 31, 2009

Never too late to be Thankful

I always wanted to create a book to house all our favorite Thanksgiving recipes. So last fall when I got in a Kit Club kit these beatiful 7Gypsies Savannah papers, I knew I could do it. So I set about typing up my recipes, decorated my house for Thanksgiving, set a pretty holiday table, made sure to take photos of the food that day, etc. About February, I finally got 'round to putting the book together. It was worth the wait. I love it! and hope it will become a family heirloom some day.


The book itself was part of the kit. It was a mixed shape chipboard album by 7Gypsies.

Covered each chip page with patterned papers, embellishments, rub-ons, stamps, etc.


Some good photos, some autumy embellishments. A great gold Hambly transparency ...


Some mouth-watering recipes with photos of the finished product ...



And the results were a cherished album I can pull out each year to cook from and re-live our family Thanksgiving moments.



This page has my favorite 7Gypsies embellishment - the metal fork on the left. Love it!






Even added a couple photos of the traditional things we do for that Holiday weekend. Lots of family games and a jigsaw puzzle usually is in the works for a few days.


Thanks for looking.
Jill























No comments: